Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Repurposed House Numbers

I gave myself the gift of a day off from my two jobs to do nothing but CREATE! This is one of several projects I completed so far.  On the left you see my old house numbers which I never liked and replaced with my "Bucket Numbers".
 I began by turning the tiles over and painting them with gray chalk paint.  Mod Podge was used to add some distressed book pages from a vintage French book.  I have a bunch of vintage ink wells that I collected for my son's wedding so three of those were wired onto the tiles.
 The iron frame got a coat of flat, black spray paint.
 The bottles are filled with water and a few cuttings from my silver dollar plants.  I'll probably end up putting dried flowers in but couldn't resist these gorgeous, purple blooms!
 From THIS . . .
 To THIS!
So what things have YOU rescued from the trash lately?
 

16 comments:

  1. That sure turned out cute!
    Tami @ Curb Alert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful and creative transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure turned out cute! Very beautiful transformation.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super transformation. Love the inkwells.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lauren,

    You are one clever woman. I would have never thought to turn over the tiles. I love the transformation. The flowers are beautiful!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea...it is a beautiful back drop for all kinds of things!..you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your are very clever. Love the idea and concept.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job Lauren! You are so creative! Love how this all came together and it looks amazing! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It doesn't matter what I rescued, it would never be as awesome as this!! You have such vision! I would never have thought of that!!!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an adorable re-do project! very clever idea, lauren--i wouldn't have been able to "see" this cute change up:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lauren, what a cute idea! What a vision, to look at house numbers and think "I'll display my bottles!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Lauren! It looks so much better with the flowers and I love that you can change the look of the piece just by changing what flowers you put in the vases. Well Done!

    Thank you as well for stopping by to see my wine cork ornament and layin' down such sweet words on me! You are groovy!!
    Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!